You’re sometimes labeled as shy, even though you’re not afraid to speak up – you just don’t do it without good reason. Meetings and crowded offices are tiring, and you feel much more effective thinking stuff through on your own. Sounds familiar? Congrats, you’re an introvert.
It helps a lot to undertsand what introversion actually is, especially if you’re one yourself. So here’s a quick collection of links about just that:
- TED Talk — Susan Cain : The Power Of Introverts
- Mark Boulton : Think-Do-Think
- and again on how it affects working processes
- Chris Coyler on what introversion is
- Introverts for the extraverts by Jonathan Rauch
- Bonus : maybe the sacred brainstorming isn’t that good
I thought I was shy, but I could go and perform on stage in front of an audience without much trouble. I thought I was lonesome, but too much time alone killed me. But when I started reading about introversion, I thought “now that sounds exactly like me”, and ever since I feel much more confident… and even somewhat proud :)
I’ll close it up with that quote Chris Coyler mentions in his article:
It’s amazing how much you can get done in a day if you just sit and you do it.